Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

F150 No code intermittent misfire issues

More
2 weeks 5 hours ago #65427 by Tyler

Here is an image of what I'm talking about on top.

There may be something else going on at the time you took that screencap. There's a difference between the commanded equivalence ratio PIDs. One bank is 13.349, the other is 12.649. Maybe this was taken during changing load conditions? Maybe the PCM was running an invasive emissions test at the time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 6 days ago - 1 week 6 days ago #65430 by 52Tele
OK I'll check and see what it shows when I'm in the truck next. Now that it is only bank 2 at 3500 rpm that is calling for more short term fuel. What are everyone's thoughts? I changed all bank 2 fuel injectors to bank 1 and had no change (also reset the KAM during this test). Does everyone think I still need to do a fuel pressure test next?

Or Does it lean more towards VCT issues now?
Last edit: 1 week 6 days ago by 52Tele.

More
1 week 4 days ago #65441 by 52Tele
So yesterday the air fuel ratio pid showed 13.8:1. It stayed at that number the entire drive. The commanded and what the upstream o2 sensor was reading of course was moving up and down. What does this specific pid represent? Is it what the computer is wanting air fuel ratio to be? Pid at the top of the image is the one I'm referring to.
Attachments:

More
1 week 2 days ago - 1 week 2 days ago #65470 by bills4065
Tested 2014 F150 for issues yesterday. Commanded and equivalence all good. microamps reading as should with heavy acceleration and fuel cutoff. pretty much as Tyler's post earlier.This vehicle problem is a vacuum leak. I used a launch CRP scanner. I know you said you have another scanner. Try it -see what it says.I do not think computer wants the air /fuel ratio to be at 13.8:1 My opinion only. Forgot to add but may be some good info for someone someday.   On decel the following: Commanded EQ ratio 12.44 :1, EQ Ratio (Lambda) 2, EQ (Lambda) Bank 2, Sensor 1(:1) 29.28:1, Exhaust Gas Oxygen Sensor Current Bank 2 Sensor 1 (uA)  2519.5 uA.
Last edit: 1 week 2 days ago by bills4065. Reason: additional info
The following user(s) said Thank You: 52Tele

More
1 week 1 day ago #65477 by 52Tele
The first reply I typed didn't post for some reason.
I did try 2 scanners at that time and they both had the same reading on that Pid.
I refueled the day after that and then yesterday that pid is back to normal.

I'm going to share 2 images one of mode 6 data. You'll see the amount of misfires registered during that drive cycle and the mode 6 data will show the amount on cylinder 6.
Since my issues first started cylinder 6 has always had the most misfires. 
What I'm leaning towards currently is an intake manifold leak just on cylinder 6 or a possible valve issue. The intake manifold on this truck has individual gaskets per cylinder 
I know typically vacuum leaks show up worse at idle. Is that the definite rule or can it be different with a MAP sensor controlled vehicle with an intake manifold like that?

Any input appreciated.

More
1 week 1 day ago #65478 by 52Tele
Here are the images 
Attachments:

More
1 week 1 day ago #65479 by 52Tele
Correction on the air fuel ratio pid today it is back to 13.8:1

More
1 week 4 hours ago #65499 by Tyler
Holy miss counts!   You're onto something with the #6 miss. Have you done a crankshaft variation learn?

The 13.8:1 AFR totally makes sense now. It's the PCM changing the mixture on bank two in response to a misfire. Fix the miss, fix the AFR.

Besides plugs, have you changed anything else? 
​​​​ 
​​​

More
4 days 7 hours ago #65523 by 52Tele
I have done the misfire profile relearn if that's what you mean. Have changed plugs, ignition coils, and have swapped injectors from bank 2 over to bank 1. I have ran a camera into the cylinder other than looking a little dirty didn't notice anything. Relative compression test on scan tool is fine. 

More
4 days 3 hours ago #65525 by 52Tele
Also what would cause fuel to come out of the filler neck when the amount in tank gets lower. I notice sometimes when I go to refuel it's wet. Not like it has lost a lot but it's definitely letting fuel out.

More
4 days 1 hour ago #65526 by 52Tele
Also in response to where you said fix the miss fix the air fuel ratio. It's not a constant misfire but the air fuel ratio had been saying that for a while.
Also doesn't the lower AF ratio number mean that there is less air and should be calling for more fuel.

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds