Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

OBD1 With OBD2 connector

More
1 week 4 days ago #65443 by fire3311
1995 Camaro LT1 with OBD1 PCM and OBD2 connector. Anyone know a way to access this system. None of my scanners will work with this system. If anyone has actual experience dealing with this situation please chime in. Thanks  I have a Verus D10, a Modus, and several other scanners. Nothing will work with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 3 days ago #65444 by juergen.scholl
The Verus is supposed to work with this vehicle without issues. Supposing the battery is charged etc.:

Did you check the com lines? Does any of your scanners need power directly from the OBD connector to power up? In this case, is there voltage supplied to the scanner from the OBD port?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 week 3 days ago #65451 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic OBD1 With OBD2 connector
That may be a GM specific connector and not actually an OBD2 connector. If I remember my automotive history correctly, the OBD 2 connector we know today was inspired by the connector GM was using. To muddy things further, some 1995 model years did come with OBD2 all though the standard didn't take effect until 1996.
I remember many years ago working on a 1994 Camaro, OBD1, required the GM specific cable to interface the scanner to the car as well as a power lead connected to B+ .

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 week 1 day ago #65483 by fire3311
Replied by fire3311 on topic OBD1 With OBD2 connector
Thanks for the reply. Where would I find a cable like that?

More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #65484 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic OBD1 With OBD2 connector
 its actually obd1.5 for 95-96 as this was the transition years between obd 1 and obd 2

photo i found covering pin outs you can jumper to your obd 1 scanner to work

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

alex
Last edit: 1 week 1 day ago by Hardtopdr2.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Chad

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds