Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Introduction

• Stryper
  • Stryper's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 months 3 weeks ago #62056 by Stryper
Introduction was created by Stryper
Hi there Ya'll!
My name is Michael Menard and stage/forum name is Stryper, cause hand painted pinstyping pays the bills. I grew up in Detroit and now live in Houston,Texas. I entered the professional auto repair biz in 73 when i graduated HS. After a motorcycle accident in 1977 i was off work for 4 months and that's when i discovered pinstryping. About that time working in a Chrysler centered dealer was not the place to be so gravitated into signage and pinstryping.
Being never far from vehicles, and having grown up tearing them apart and putting them back together, I now was able to spin wrenches when i wanted to rather than having to. Well now its 50+ yrs later and now back to having to.:(
But its a whole new world and the electronics rule it. So I now find myself having to learn a whole new skillset at 68. Which really isn't a bad thing!
And being the only current vehicle thats not throwing codes is my 1967 MGB GT, I got a TopDon Artidiag Pro. While not being as user friendly as my friends Snap on Solus Ultra it really doesn't make any difference cause neither he nor i know how to use them anyway :)
So after going down the Youtube rabbit hole, here I am ! While I have no intention of re entering the pro side again, these units are packed full of information if one knows where to look. So let the games begin.
My current issues are a 2001 Mitsu 3.5 that keeps saying a bad upstream O2 sensor, but its not bad. And a 2010 Scion XB that shows po171 lean with no discernable vacum leaks. And a VSC light that is the least of its issues.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
10 months 1 week ago #62144 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Introduction
Welcome to the community!
I haven't the hand to lay down a reasonable pin stripe, glad someone here has the chops!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds