Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

enters into the hall

More
7 years 9 months ago #935 by 1mouse3
enters into the hall was created by 1mouse3
Hi I guess Im new here, but not far from what brought me here. I ran into danner's videos looking for info on using a scope in a automotive environment, they made me more willing to get one and have a good rough understanding of use. I got my dad's old tube scope that he was modifying for color tv use but never completed, maybe I will finish it sometime when I better understand it. I get a far understanding of electronics by investigating operation. I took 1 1/2 years In a auto class in a tech school and was not allowed to since I was no longer taking a ged class, I have a hard time reading and writing and wasn't getting much help at the time. The teacher at the auto class did not show any use of a scope even tho there was one on a cart gathering dust, I have always been curious of use but never around a working one. in that class I had to help the lackeys and were the ones holding the class back. my day was a auto mechanic and learned some from him, he also did helicopter repair for the military and aircraft repair for boeing.
I been on a journey for knowledge and been finding it on my path doing side job auto repair and diagnostic, it is the easiest way I find further understand operation. Yes I am hard headed and rather do things my way but have gotten were i am through reputation. I have work at two shops in the past for around a year each and one for a half year. the first one was a bit sketchy with not a whole lot of work, so did not stay long. The second was invited by someone that I know that did towing, the shop was in for quick work not into properly fixing cars and the shop was not keep up. One the lifts malfunctioned and chucked my truck off, shortly after an invite to another shop that I took. This was a auto body and repair shop, this guy was more focused on getting body work in, this one could had worked if I wanted to be a parts changer. in 2 days I can a engine change in vehicles like northstar cadillacs or a 5.4/4.6 in a ford truck, or 6 hours for a timing belt or chain.For how far i was and could only do one at a time an motor took time to get in , the flat rate would come out to chump change for time Im there. I could not just up and leave, I would still get called back in to fix other mess up or hard job that would stum others could not figure out. I have found many I could get jobs off so that is what i mostly do and is what Im happy doing. I can get a job at drive time if I felt like getting my ged
I like also doing customisation to vehicles like a budget b16 swap in a 94 civic, that one though me that manufacturers like to change reluctor rings like obd0 to obd1. Knowing that helped me find a issue with a chrysler 300 that had a motor change and was one yere too new, seeing it had to have a intake change to hook up made me looking it after finding no issues with the cmp ckp. the salvage yard that sold it changed it under warranty. I have also done a 305 tbi setup on a 307 with minor reprogramming and rewiring to work in a 69 c10, also did a 350 tbi 4l60e reprogram to 454 4l80e reprogram for a friend. so got some understanding of the computer and operation. I also dabble in diesels, I am building a twin turbo idi f250 that is on the back burner at the moment. yes I do need to focus on one thing and not be wandering all over the place. I have found a liking to euro cars like bmws, mercedes and vws,.I have owned a few bmws and a vw, it is surprising easy to fix one after a front end collision.
I got a fluke 97 off CL as a impulse buy since a fiend near picking up a used server, my friend was liking it and I own him so he is getting it. shortly after found a 105b II for a good price on ebay and am getting that friday. I can dig this device and will post some info of a find I made a week ago in another trend. It may be a brick but so, it does what I want in a way that is not hard for me. it is like a graphing calculator that plots multimeter readings, so far have good understanding how to use it and will get some probes in the future. I have had a innova scanner in the past and currently a bosch 1050, with both to get codes and basic live data with. I have been keeping tabs with them on what is good an bad readings. I am thinking about something better like a launch idiag and the X431 pro3 software.

hondahookup.com/forums/showthread.php?155046-95-civc-d16-vetc-to-b16-vetc-wiring
67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/showthread.php?t=468685
bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?1528178-94-325is-vs-combined
fordification.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57534
ford-trucks.com/forums/1253940-93-f250-4x4-reserection.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #948 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic enters into the hall
Hey sir! Thanks for introducing yourself. Interesting story! I'm sure you'll find a lot of info here and feel free to contribute.
Welcome to the forum.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 9 months ago #966 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic enters into the hall
Hi, welcome to the forum! Iron Maiden fan I presume.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 9 months ago #994 by 1mouse3
Replied by 1mouse3 on topic enters into the hall
and I presume you are one too since you caught that

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds