For those interested in the other side of eternity

Hardship

More
3 years 1 month ago #47346 by John Curtis
Hardship was created by John Curtis
Writing to vent...
The last 6 months or so have been really hard on the family. First unexpected medical problems and no insurance which wiped out a good portion of savings. Then the Arctic Freeze displaced us from home. It caused our pipes to burst at 2am and flooded our home. I was being shocked walking through the water to get my family out of the home. We got into our vehicle which a rodent decided to shelter in and chewed on the serpentine belt and also the wiring shorting our all sorts of stuff including the fuse to the shift solenoids. Well, I started the vehicle in 7 degree weather after seeing the belt chewed up and the belt snapped and I had no other choice but to drive to a warming shelter (Risking the vehicle overheating due to no serpentine belt) and it did. It was a better option than letting my family freeze. Emergency responders actually said they could not come out to us to get us to safety. When driving a partially functioning vehicle I had about a 5 inch section of window to see through to get us to the warming shelter. Our home went from clean water damage to active toxic mold levels. I lost 3 scan tools that I had updating due to water pouring out of the ceiling right above them. Our bed and furniture are junk due to the mold. We were able to stay with the old lady’s co worker for 2 nights and a family member In another city for two more nights before any hotels had any availability. Now we are in a hotel and our cost of living has shot up astronomically. We have to eat takeout which is not good for the body and not good for the wallet. It’s been a hell of an experience and we likely have another 2 to 3 months before we can go home. Bought a new vehicle because I don’t have time to fix mine at the moment in trying to deal with all the stuff I have to deal with to recover from this. That has also really screwed up my income because I have other things to deal with like insurance and scheduling and trying to keep our living situation covered and a ridiculous amount of time on the phone. Things are starting to normalize a bit and I’m starting to get back out to work but being down to 2 scanners really sucks as I found out yesterday. Being self-employed is even more of a burden to carry during all of this.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 month ago #47354 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Hardship
Damn brother, that is some crazy stuff. Almost a Job like experience.
Praying for you and your family my friend.
I can also offer you some help in the form of a tool grant to shop at AESwave. Email me at support@scannerdanner.com and we can make that happen for you.

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, 169Isaac, John Curtis

More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #47375 by John Curtis
Replied by John Curtis on topic Hardship

ScannerDanner wrote: Damn brother, that is some crazy stuff. Almost a Job like experience.
Praying for you and your family my friend.
I can also offer you some help in the form of a tool grant to shop at AESwave. Email me at support@scannerdanner.com and we can make that happen for you.

What brought me to this point is that I would ask God to help me figure out direction in life and he answered by giving me an opportunity to come to Texas. I missed his first call and felt it in my gut I was doing the wrong thing. I changed my mind and decided to commit to it but the first opportunity was gone. The next day another opportunity was given to us and we took it. I know this too is a part of his plan whatever that turns out to be. I’ll reach out Paul!

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Last edit: 3 years 1 month ago by John Curtis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
2 years 10 months ago #49422 by GuitarGuy123456
Replied by GuitarGuy123456 on topic Hardship
new to the forum,
just read your post, I understand you were venting.
I hope and pray that things are turning around for you. Sounds like a terrible loss. We heard about all that going on. I wish I were in a better place to send you a couple hundred bucks to help out. In the meantime , do you have cash app or Pay Pal? Maybe we could send you a little something. No strings, just an offering.
In His Grip: Dave G.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds