Trying to find a referenced video and referenced pages in the book

More
2 years 6 months ago #52400 by CaseyAtTheBat
Got the e-book, just joined the 14 day trial on Premium, watched the Welcome video on the Premium page, followed Paul's advice to start with Basic Electrical Concepts (I'm a nooby). In the first video in that section Paul references at 1:00 another video that's on YouTube as a good thing to watch first, sounded like Paul said "engine does not crank, starting system test"; he talks about the video a bit and emphasizes to go watch it first. I went to YouTube and put "scannerdanner engine does not crank, starting system test" in the search field and it brings up a whole bunch of ScannerDanner videos that deal with no crank situations, scrolled looking for one that would be the 16 minute one he says is a great start, no luck, kind of overwhelming! Am I doing something wrong?
Also later in the same video when he's talking about the voltmeter at 9:10 he says "Write this in the book" and there is a discussion about where this is covered in the book, what page, where is it? etc.  I have the e-book so far and I couldn't find any section that seemed to be about Basic Electrical Concepts or anything in the first section about Universal Testing Methods. Where would I find that?

Really eager to dig in and follow it all sequentially and build on each concept and not miss any ideas,

Thanks,
CaseyAtTheBat

So eager to get ups to speed,
Thanks,
CaseyAtTheBat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52402 by CaseyAtTheBat
Wow, just saw ScannerDanner's post  that says to post any questions about a premium
video in the comments section for the video!

Will do!

Trying to learn the ropes.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52403 by Chad
I believe this is the video that you are looking for.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
2 years 6 months ago #52407 by CaseyAtTheBat
Thanks Chad, that was definitely it.

Any body know about the page reference for the voltmeter?

More
2 years 6 months ago #52566 by ScannerDanner

Thanks Chad, that was definitely it.

Any body know about the page reference for the voltmeter?

Multimeter basics in chapter 1. Is that what you're looking for?

Don't be a parts changer!

More
2 years 5 months ago #52727 by CaseyAtTheBat
Thanks, Paul, that was the page in the e-book.

Noah and Chad:

I saw the locked post in this forum about the Bookvideolist.txt; GREAT IDEA!

Looked at it and it goes to about Chapter 24 in the book. In the Premium course list there are many topics
in the list after the Chapters are listed, but none of them are in the BookVideosList.txt file. Plus it's locked.

In the introductory video on the Premium Home Page Paul recommends if you're a nooby to start with
Basic Electrical Concepts so I did and the question I asked in this thread was how to find the video Paul
recommended. Chad you directed me to the video. Now that I've seen the list that was started, I'd like to add
it to the list to be able to refer to it and help other noobies like me!

Is there a way to add it?

Thanks,
CaseyAtTheBat

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds