Moving ScannerDanner Premium to my website?

More
6 years 9 months ago #11999 by ScannerDanner

JeffBirt wrote: I can understand YouTube wanting to take their business in another direction. To not even have the decency to let the paid content providers know is bad business practice. For them to continue to take money for a service they know they will not deliver is fraudulent. I'm sure there will be a class action lawsuit which will enrich lawyers and do nothing for the content providers like Paul or those paying for subscriptions.

Unfortunately, the business practice Google is employing is all to common. I got an email Friday morning from my hosting company saying they were going out of business, get your data off quick. I still can't get them to respond and give me access to the latest database backup. I'll I can say is keep local backups of everything.

Even though I'm just a shade tree mechanic I find his videos invaluable. I save enough time and money on my own repairs to justify the cost and I get to have some fun learning new stuff anyhow.

I'll be sticking around for sure...

I believe they are continuing to take the monthly subscribers payments because they have realized that they may be bound to the yearly subscribers last day. Make sense? I'm just guessing here because they won't tell me! This is actually a very good thing for me (that YouTube is still collecting the monthly payments), because it allows me to breathe a little easier during this transition period. I am moving all SD Premium content regardless of YouTube's final decision.
Here is what I would like to see.
1. YouTube allows me to maintain the SD Premium channel as it exists for the remainder of the yearly subscriptions.
2. During this period, or at least until I get the website set-up, YouTube allows the monthly subscriptions to continue.
3. Once I get the website done and get SD Premium videos uploaded here, I will turn off the ability to re-subscribe to SD Premium on YouTube. All monthly subscriptions can then be picked up from here (on my website). The monthly subscribers on YouTube can continue to watch until the end of their month, then come here to re-subscribe.
4.Move the yearly subscribers here for free for the remaining balance of their subscription (if they want to), then delete SD PRemium completely from YouTube. OR let the yearly subscribers finish their subscription on YouTube?

This is all speculation right now...I'll be in communication with everyone!

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago #12003 by autowiz
paul just make sure your host server can support your upload needs, best yet build and host your own server with offsite backup. redundancy is a must.
p.s."linus tech tips" on Utube has some serious skill in server builds. linus would probably have some great input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds