Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Mitsubishi io 4g94 engine 2001

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #833 by cyrus.nk
Hey!the car doesn't start no injection pulse and ignation pulse on cylinder 2 and 3.checked crank sensor it ok and i can see good signal but cam nothing at all.the cam has 3 wires 1 for 12 volt,2 ground and a signal wire with 5 volts from computer.now wen i unplugg the socket get 5v on signal wire plugged in 0.32 volt.the sensor is pulling down 5 volt wen connected whether the car cranking or no.wen plugged in get sparks number 2&3 firing wen unpluggd get sparks on cylinder number 1 and 4.could it be a shorted sensor?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by cyrus.nk.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #834 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Mitsubishi io 4g94 engine
Cyrus my friend, could you pay attention not to post repair questions in the Welcome Mat section. Also mention the year of the vehicle. Thanks. I'll move this thread to the Repair questions.

More
7 years 9 months ago #837 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mitsubishi io 4g94 engine
Hey Cyrus! This sure seems like a shorted sensor to me. given the behavior of the signal wire. You're right, this is a pull-down design, and it looks like the sensor is pulling the signal down constantly. Pretty sure Paul would say, "You're done! Put a sensor in it."

If you wanted to take it a step further, you could do some bypass testing by pulse grounding the cam AND crank signals with the key on. If you do it right, you should get all the injectors and coils to fire. You *could* do this by cranking the engine and just pulse grounding the cam signal, but you run the risk of causing a backfire, or worse.

More
7 years 9 months ago #843 by cyrus.nk
Replied by cyrus.nk on topic Mitsubishi io 4g94 engine
Oh thanks for leting me.Am sorry

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds