Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Chevy Cruze ltz 1.4 turbo Crank no start with exhaust cam sensor plugged in

More
2 years 9 months ago #51838 by Hardtopdr2
i even reduced it in size below 5 mb (4.52 mb) in png and still no go on upload lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #51840 by Hardtopdr2
ok managed to put it as a pdf finally it is zoom out to show the whole capture 

File Attachment:

File Name: 2014chevycruze.pdf
File Size:98 KB

More
2 years 9 months ago #51841 by Cheryl
Make sure you ain’t losing 5 volt ref and low reference. If it’s that intermittent I’d be half tempted to throw a new gm sensor in

More
2 years 9 months ago #51842 by Cheryl
Is the intake and exhaust cam sensors the same part number? Maybe try swapping them

More
2 years 9 months ago #51843 by Hardtopdr2
I looked that up today and it looks like it is the same part number

More
2 years 9 months ago #51846 by ScannerDanner

Hardtopdr2, the whole mimi error has been cropping up recently. I've found that using PNG instead of JPG gets around it. Sorry for the hassle. :(
I have Luke on this!

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hardtopdr2

More
2 years 9 months ago #51848 by Tyler

i even reduced it in size below 5 mb (4.52 mb) in png and still no go on upload lol
Well I don't know any more, then. :silly: Just as soon as I've got it figured out...

Definitely swap the sensors, as long as it's halfway accessible. I got $5 that says you'll find a Dorman sensor in there. ;)

More
2 years 8 months ago #51967 by Hardtopdr2
Well I put a new one in and still threw the code and it was not a Dorman sensor in it and it still did not start with it plugged in. I also pulled the valve cover off to verify timing ( which miraculously it stopped perfectly lined up ) as well as center oiler plate to make sure it's tight and all was good in that respect. It did reset code p0365 as well after clearing them and trying to start it with new sensor plugged in. May try a crank cam relearn on it when I get back in town for grins. But not confident on it working given how everything else played out. Will let you know more when I get back to it.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51969 by Cheryl
The only other thing I can think of is are the wiring terminals in the correct order? I had a Ford alternator where someone was messing around swapped pins in the connector. Bug it very well could be a pcm

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #58834 by Jasondragon
When you have your cams on top dead center with the crank make sure the back of the cams are facing each other the cam lobes because if they're facing away on top dead center that means the cams are flipped because mine is doing the same thing it runs with the exhaust cam sensor unplug but when it's plugged in it does not run
Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Jasondragon.

More
More
1 year 7 months ago #58848 by Hardtopdr2
Thanks for the info. The motor was swapped out from what I was told before I looked at it. Granted I don't remember which way the cams were facing as this was a year or two ago. But will keep in mind the next time I run into this. Most appreciated thank you

Time to create page: 0.262 seconds