Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Injectors - identifying/understanding

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45520 by Martin398
The first time I came across a direct injection injector was a few days ago when I inherited 4. All I know about injectors is that there are 2 types of injector: coil and ceramic stack.The smaller injectors have just 2 connections. Using the serial numbers, I’ve confirmed that 3 are diesel injectors, and comparing the fourth to the others, it’s a safe bet to say they are all diesel.

I get 0.3 Ohms across one, and 200k Ohm (after stabilising) across the other. Does that mean the 0.3Ohm injector is the coil type and the 200k is a ceramic stack? The larger 2 injectors have 6 connectors and I cannot find any explanation as to why there are 4 more connectors than I expected to see. I have measured the resistances and marked them on the photo.

Having done so, I’m none the wiser as to why there are 6 connectors and how this type of injector works. Any guidance on what these injectors are and how they work would be much appreciated.
Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Martin398.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #45665 by BreakerPoints
Hi,
by the picture no 1 and 3 should be piezoelectric injectors and 2 and 4 should be solenoid injectors. I think is safe to assume resistance of couple of ohms is solenoid type and resistance of kohms or mohms is piezo injector. Piezo injector is not conductive like solenoid and can not be checked in the same way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds