Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 Fiat 500 Abarth in limp mode with P2172 code

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #40151 by atikovi
This is a 2013 Abarth with 73,000 miles. Engine goes into limp mode with the throttle light on and the P2172 code for High Airflow Vacuum Leak Detected (Instantaneous Accumulation). It goes limp only at idle such as when waiting at a traffic light. Shutting it off and restarting it cures the problem temporarily. Runs great otherwise.

I've replaced the throttle body and MAP sensor. Tested the wires between them and the ECM which was fine. Smoke tested the system twice with a SmokePro and found no leaks. Running out of options. Do I have to plug the tailpipes when smoking? Do I need a high pressure smoke machine to test a turbocharged engine?
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by atikovi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #40153 by Hardtopdr2
Have you smoked the evap system typically the purge solinoid up by the engine and vent solinoid by the vent canister? You don't want to use high pressure only use 1-2 psi. As for evap system no more than 1psi.

If you want to smoke the egr assembly from the tailpipe pluging it up and running smoke for a while then crankcase through pcv port this should find your issue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds