Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1996 chevy k1500 5.7 injector wave form help please

More
4 years 1 month ago #40084 by Darrel
Should I start checking power and ground at the at the pcm? Pcm behind the glove box? Looking for wiring diagram
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #40085 by Tyler
Did you happen to save that scope capture? Can you upload the .VSM file?

Without seeing the scaling of the scope, it's tough to say what's happening here. :( Where is your scope connected?
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
4 years 1 month ago #40086 by Darrel
I'll get back to you on that

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #40094 by John Curtis
A current waveform would be a huge help here in identifying if it’s a power/ground issue. Also, here is a capture of a good injector circuit. Notice how during the dwell is pulled pretty close to ground. That’s the indicator I’d be looking for on a voltage waveform.

As far as power, you can see it at steady battery voltage. But you can also provide your own power via fuses jumper wire to rule it out.

I’d really stress using a current waveform here as it’ll be tell tell of a computer driver issue and even power/ground issue.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by John Curtis.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds