Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

intake hpa

More
4 years 1 month ago #40039 by ronald316
intake hpa was created by ronald316
does anybody know what is a good intake hpa on a snapon zeus.i have a 2007 bmw 328i the crak case pressure is so high you have to really pulll hard on oil cap to remove it.it whistles really loud and the engine misses .im convince its a pcv valve issue .if anybody has all data can they check if that spec is in the system thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #40041 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic intake hpa
Ronald,

l guess you want to know what the absolute intake manifold pressure should be on the engine, measured in hectopascal. This depends on factors like rpm ( varying throttle plate opening ), natural aspired or not etc.

On almost every not turbo/supercharged engine in a normal, healthy state at idle I would expect to see a value around 25 to 30 kpa which translates into 250 to 300 hpa. Using a classic vacuum gauge that indicates pressure difference in relation to atmosphere pressure you would expect to see something around 17 to 21 inches of HG at sea level. This reading will descend with elevation, ~ 1 inch /1000 feet.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dylan

More
4 years 1 month ago #40088 by ronald316
Replied by ronald316 on topic intake hpa
thanks for the reply im getting 525 hpa reading on my snapon zeus.and it whistles out the oilcap

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds