Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2000 cadillac seville SLS parasitic draw

More
4 years 1 month ago #39937 by dustin.combs
Hello everyone I've got this cadillac that I'm beating my head against the wall with. Here's the problem battery drains overnight. I can take away power supply to both fuse boxes and the test light i have between the battery and the negative cable stays lit so I'm thinking its something more direct that doesn't run through fuse box any thoughts would help. THANKS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #39944 by Cheryl
Unplug alternator unhook it

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
4 years 1 month ago #39952 by Noah

dustin.combs wrote: ... and the negative cable stays lit so I'm thinking its something more direct that doesn't run through fuse box any thoughts would help. THANKS

I think Cheryl is on the right track with the alternator since you already bypassed everything by taking the fuse boxes out of the equation.

I've never been able to find a draw with a test light in series, but every one I know does it that way so it must just be me :unsure:
If you strike out with the alternator, I would start from scratch with an amp meter.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds