Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Dodge Ram 3500 no start or crank over

More
4 years 1 month ago #39893 by V6mod36
My 2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually 6.7l decided to throw a curve ball at me. It started out it would start up go too idle then shut off. It did this a few times and then it goes too not even cranking over. I have all lights and dash board lights up.

I checked the starter, starter relay, replaced the ignition switch, batteries are perfect, ground wires are good, I'm going crazy with this now been 4 days and still haven't figured it out. PLEASE HELP thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #39894 by Hardtopdr2
Is this a diesel truck or gas? Do you have any codes or ability to check codes? What's the voltage on the batteries?

More
4 years 1 month ago #39895 by V6mod36
This a diesel, Cummins. No codes what so ever off of my scanner

More
4 years 1 month ago #39896 by V6mod36
Maybe the range sensor is causing this, but transmission was rebuilt a year ago.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #39900 by Hardtopdr2
Check the other relays for corrosion mainly ones for pcm, power distribution. Then check if you have a 5 v ref. signal or 12 v ref. Signal. Is your pcm on the pass side firewall on the engine side?

ASD relay is one that should be looked at and the wiring diagrams associated with it. ASD is the auto shut down relay. Some diesel engines have the engine shutoff if the coolant temp sensor or the engine coolant fill level sensor detects high temp or low coolant level.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Hardtopdr2. Reason: More info

More
4 years 1 month ago #39912 by V6mod36
Yes the pcm is on the passenger side. I will check that. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds