Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank Shaft Position Sensor Connector readings

More
4 years 1 month ago #39837 by TG53
I have a 4.6l 3 valve engine with a two wire magnetic type crank shaft position sensor. I tested the connector for ground using the continuity setting and connecting black lead to ground and tested both wires at the connector (unplugged) and get no continuity beep? Should this connector have a ground? I tested the Cam Shaft position sensor connectors and they do. I also turned the key on (not cranking the engine) and tested the connector for a signal by connecting black lead to ground and red to each wire on the connector. I get 1.5v on each wire. Is this correct? The Crank shaft sensor itself checks out with no issues.

Thanks,
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #39849 by TG53
Well I decided to try connecting the ground wire from the battery to the positive wire to clear the codes. Hooked it up and waited about 30 minutes. Reconnected the ground wire to the negative post and cranked it up. Runs great, no codes. We'll see how long it last.
Tom

More
4 years 1 month ago #39882 by chief eaglebear
1 or 2 trips I imagine you had cam codes ??

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #39890 by tech25
since you provided no year, make, or model, anything is possible.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by tech25.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds