Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1994 Mk4 Supra headlight does not work

More
4 years 5 months ago #36247 by MRsupra
Hi.

I have a 1994 Mk4 Supra.
I don't drive the car very much, either show and shine or Sunday icecream drive. The car sleeps under a blanket.
One night my drivers low beam light just stopped working. My passenger side works. Highbeam works on both sides. The system runs off a 2 fuse setup, one left one right, but one relay.
The bulbs are good and so is the fuses and relay as i have changed them around from others that work. Now if i have a working bulb in the left low beam and i pull the fuse out, i have a clicking noise or if i place it back in. Either way. If i do this for the right hand side, it does not click.
If i take the bulb out on the left side, it still clicks.
I have torn into the looms but with no success.
Here is my YouTube video.... please have a look, tell me what the hell am i missing.
Kind regards

The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #36248 by John Curtis
You have 2 separate fuses. One for the RH and one for the LH side. Check and see if you have power at the bulb connector. It may be unable to to carry load or you may have an open.
You also have an integration relay you’re going to have to test.

Making Pressure Differential Sensors (PDA Sensors) for pressure pulse diagnostics.
Currently servicing Central Texas.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by John Curtis.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 5 months ago #36249 by jreardon
Hope I have the right diagram. Driver side head light fuse provides power to the control side of the Fog Light Relay.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 5 months ago #36291 by MRsupra
Thank you.
I will make sure that the fog lights work. Cus as i understand this, if i have a bad fog light, and i don't remember if i do or don't, then this might cancel my driver headlight bulb?
Thanks.
It will be 2 weeks before i can work on my car, but i will report back.

More
4 years 5 months ago #36292 by MRsupra
Thank you. There was no power to the bulb connector. I did test that. I will go make sure that every bulb is working. Cus it seems if one perhaps is bad, and I'm not 100 sure if i do have a bad bulb some where, then it could lead to issues like this.
Keep you posted

More
4 years 5 months ago #36294 by Andy.MacFadyen
The splice for the fog light relay catches my attention --- if the fog lights work I would check the splice itself it may need remade.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds