Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

92 Honda accord loss of power

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1365 by gilbert
God bless you my brother's & sister's!

I have this Honda car starts right up at all time's customers complaint is it bogs down to a point that he has to pull over.
I checked plugs wires and distributor and replaced them, dis. was leaking bad in cap, valve cover gasket into plugs so all was needed. Also checked fuel pressure and needle was jumping so I took tank off and pump was missing a clamp so I figured it was losing pressure there. The tank was also dirty I blew the line and a lot of crap came out so it also got a fuel pump & filter & took injectors to get cleaned all was needed. The car runs better now it only bogs down after you let it sit for about 20 min and it only bogs down when you first take off. It will only happen for like the first 5 times you step on the gas then it goes away. I also checked the o2 sensor and it does not meet spec's but what I don't know is if it will cause this on this car on other cars I do know it will cause a misfire but I have no codes.
Thank you for your help.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by gilbert.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.186 seconds