Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2010 VW CC No communication

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1165 by JoesAutoElectric
I took these snapshots of the data lines on that 2010 VW CC. The top pattern shows the lines at the data bus onboard diagnostic module pins 5 and 15.

The lower pic shows the lines at the dbc connector pins 6 and 14

I called the owner and confirmed that she had been jump starting the vehicle with a jump and carry she bought. She also confirmed that the last time she attempted to do so, she had reversed polarity on the cables to the battery. I am not sure where to go from here. I am wondering if this diagnostic module is at fault or if I have a data line coming into it from a different module that is causing the problem. So now tomorrow I will attempt to make some more checks and hopefully get to the bottom of this.

"The man who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the man doing it."
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by JoesAutoElectric.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1166 by 1mouse3
Replied by 1mouse3 on topic 2010 VW CC No communication
you are dealing with can bus on that year and is your tool compliant

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 8 months ago #1203 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2010 VW CC No communication
Is it a no comm/no start?
Did you have a battery charger hooked up during these captures?
The capture at the DLC looks OK at a glance to me, I'm having a hard time reading the scales on my screen. Are you thinking that's an example of communication, or is there a fault in that pattern I'm not seeing?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 8 months ago #1206 by JoesAutoElectric
No battery charger hooked up during the test. Only a scan tool. It is a no com/no start condition, and the owner had told me after we began to diag the car that she had attempted to jump start it incorrectly. The bottom pattern sure doesn't look correct to me, This is one of the CAN lines goingt o the ALDL connector from the interface module. Never saw a sign wave pattern for CAN. We determined to have faulty PCM. All of the other modules will communicate and all are complaining about the pcm. Powers and grounds check good. Unfortunately I am not equipped to program these vehicles and so it is being towed to a local dealer to install the pcm and program it.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 8 months ago #1237 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2010 VW CC No communication

Unfortunately I am not equipped to program these vehicles and so it is being towed to a local dealer to install the pcm and program it.

I hate that... it's like instant diagnosis roadblock AND a profit cut.
Seems like you figured it out pretty accurately, especially if every other module is complaining about the PCM. I was hoping someone would have had an idea about that funky waveform though.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 8 months ago #1239 by JoesAutoElectric
I was and am very curious about that waveform also. It is hard to accept that we see a vehicle, diagnose it and cannot repair it. But the bottom line in business is to make profit...that car was not profit.

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds