Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

electro-viscous fan clutch data pids

More
7 years 9 months ago #1095 by autojoe
2008 chevy trail blazer 4.2 have a snap on solus pro 12.4 software..........I cant find any data pids for the cooling fan speed or any other data pids or functional tests.looked in all modules.the 5 pin connector has been moved from previous year trail blazers and is not accessible.why would chevy move connector?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #1100 by Tyler
Hey sir! For anyone else reading, here's the video Paul recently did on this style of fan clutch:

Looked in all data lists in the PCM, right?
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
7 years 9 months ago #1108 by autojoe
this was a earlier year.mine is a 2008 and there is no access to the 5 pin connector........they moved it from where it was accessible to being buried.There is no data pids or functional tests for my snap on solus pro scan tool version 12.4 which goes up to 2001-2012 model year vehicles.I am at a loss for words.thanks for reply.maybe snap on made changes on newer software update.

More
7 years 9 months ago #1119 by Tyler
Snappy has been known to go back to older years and make changes, but you'd figure they'd have that kind of important info available to begin with?

I'll keep my eye out for the next older Trailblazer I run into. I did do a water pump on a way older 4.2L recently, but it had a good ol' fan clutch :(

BTW, are you simply exploring this component, or is there an issue with this vehicle? Just curious.

More
7 years 9 months ago #1132 by autojoe
I was looking at some data pids for my trail blazer and noticed none for the fan clutch.thanks for reply.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds