Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crank, no start

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #65359 by jason4012
Crank, no start was created by jason4012
Hello, this is for a 93 Mustang GT. I have a crank, no start condition.  It was returned from a shop barely running, extremely lean. Let it sit a week, went to start it and it wouldn't start. I have spark, fuel pressure at rail is 42. Fuel pump primes. Injector wires show 12v key on. Noid light neither lights up or flashes on the injector when cranking. All grounds to ecm appear to be good. Plugs and  distributor have 2 miles on them. It has a mega squirt ecm and shows no rpm when cranking on the data log.
It was suggested the pip sensor was bad, so I swapped in a new distributor and tfi module, no changes at all. It will start briefly with starter fluid sprayed into the intake. I tried a factory a9l, no difference. 
I am completely stumped and haven't driven the car in like 8 years now. I'm getting old and want to enjoy it before it's too late. Any ideas what to test/check next?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 week 6 days ago #65385 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Crank, no start
I'm pretty sure that tuner studio will run outputs manually like a bidirectional scan tool.
You could try to pulse the injectors from your laptop with a pressure gauge on the fuel rail to ensure they are capable of delivering fuel.
Other than that, the TFI module on the distributor is the only "cam or crank sensor" it has.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 week 5 days ago #65392 by Lupe
Replied by Lupe on topic Crank, no start
older car might want to do timing , comp , check also

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds