Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

99 GMC SIERRA SLE 4 x 4 4.8

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #65342 by Felixl
truck died one day and it was fuel pump. replaced ran well. stopped running an decided must be relay cause i can jump it with wire and activate fuel pump and it starts. relay is good. parked it for several months and battery has died so replaced battery today and jumped with wire to activate fuel pump and it started after sitting for 6 months, reckon the memory stored cleared, on whim plugged relay back in and cranked and it started, my question is 4 prong relay and i become lost, constant power than power with key and 2 grounds i would assume. could i get some help as to where the relay wires go and see if one is shorted maybe, just bought this book and hasnt arrived yet and asked a few and no help from them. apologize but im 65 yrs old and get confused by this, GMC garage says needs new wiring harness but i dont feeel thats right, ground issue maybe. Thankyou for any help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #65346 by Lupe
Replied by Lupe on topic 99 GMC SIERRA SLE 4 x 4 4.8
check park neutral switch for worn out or pns ajustment. that wire comes from ignition to p n s switch to relay' good luck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds