Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Dodge Nitro Throttle Motor Not Working

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #65307 by Saverauto
2008 Dodge Nitro
VIN # 1D8G928K38W276365
V6 Petrol

First occurrence of fault, car suddenly lost power going uphill.
Scanned vehicle & found:
P2100 - Throttle actuator control motor circuit/open
P2110 - Throttle actuator control system, force limited RPM
P2112 - Throttle actuator control system, stuck closed

After deleting error codes & test driving the car, the problem went away.
Scan data analysis showed throttle sensor responding correctly when accelerator was pressed.
This was shown as both a voltage & % opening of the throttle.
Scan special function 'throttle follower test' carried out & it passed.
Battery failed battery test. Replaced this & thought that maybe bad battery caused electronics to play up.

Car was good for a few weeks & then problem reoccurred.
Scan revealed the same error codes except this time they could not be erased.
Scan data revealed throttle not responding when accelerator pressed.
Throttle was removed for inspection:
1. Throttle plate moves freely when checked by hand. Okay
2. Connecting throttle motor to 12V supply results in throttle motor moving from fully closed to fully open. Okay
3. Throttle motor resistance checked. 2.7ohms. I believe it has to be 1.5 to 3 ohms. Okay
4. Manual movement of throttle plate is picked up on scan data indicating sensor is okay.
5. Used wiring diagram to identify power & ground wires of throttle motor on connector.
6. Ground okay but power wire is acting like a ground.

I place the red MM probe on the throttle power terminal & the black MM probe on battery ground. 0V
I move the black MM probe to battery positive. -12.23V.

Throttle motor wiring was checked & there are no signs of broken insulation or shorting.
I could only check the length of wire harness that started at the throttle & ended at the point at which it integrated into the main wiring harness.

I tried carrying out a ETC relearn via scan tool special function. Function successful but it did not fix the problem.

Looking for some help.

Thanks.

Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by Saverauto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds