Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

4v to 17v swing on 12v maf feed (maybe coil Noise) any help thanks

More
3 weeks 5 hours ago #65279 by denny.ranck
So li have a question maybe someone can help me working on a 2011 Mercedes GL550 and things are going a little wild i have no throttle response and maf codes and missfires on a couple cyl my throttle sig on scan data are opposite like they are supposed to be for about 2 sec then the go to the same number and my maf goes to 175 200 g/s and the throttle in the computer actual stays fixed at idle thien it will all snap back to the correct reading and then boom snap back..

for lack of time wasted reading useless information some of the ig coils and maf and injectors fun from the same 12v feed.. on said 12v feed wire im pretty sure that im getting secondary spark back feeding through i am wondering if the capacitor in the 12v feed wire that is marked radio interference suppression capacitor could be causing this issue or it might be more of a computer issue they have the computer mounted to the top of the engine and they are know for computer problems here is the scope photo of my 12v feed at the maf while plugged into maf
thanks
denny
any help would be appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 weeks 6 days ago #65293 by Noah
That capture almost looks like a bad alternator diode test.
It's not exactly clear to me what the symptoms are you are going after here, (over reporting MAF and something throttle position related?) but I'm curious to know if they go away with just the key on engine off, or with the alternator disconnected.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #65296 by denny.ranck
with the key on engine off you have a flat 12v signal once engine started it goes to that waveform.. you have no throttle responce maf problems and multiple miss fires..... and then once the engine is shut off after about 2 sec it goes back to a flat wave form again

More
2 weeks 5 days ago - 2 weeks 5 days ago #65297 by denny.ranck
  also i forgot to send it to you here is the wave form with number 1 ignition trigger signal

Attachments:
Last edit: 2 weeks 5 days ago by denny.ranck.

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #65300 by denny.ranck
i also un hooked the alternator and it didn't make any difference my signal still looks the same
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds