Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

inside lights stay on

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #65124 by oldman
inside lights stay on was created by oldman
Comments / Questions: 2001 ford expedition Eddie Bauer. If I leave any of the doors or the hatch open the dome, and all inter light plus the outside rail lights stay on and do not time out and turn off. and will run the battery down. I cannot find anything on the net about it and one ford dealer said they should time out and another dealer said they will stay on forever. I have changed the GEN MODULE, LAMP RELAY and the BATTERY SAVER RELAY. When i get out of it and close the door the lights will turn off after 20 sec. am I chasseing something that not there, if not where should I look for

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #65136 by Lupe
Replied by Lupe on topic inside lights stay on
Sir keep door closed or tape dr switch or pull fuse/relay if you need it open for awhile . I pull some bulbs out of car to save battary . good luck lol

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #65139 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic inside lights stay on
I wouldn't expect the interior light to time out with the doors open on that truck.
Sounds like normal operation to me.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #65187 by oldman
Replied by oldman on topic inside lights stay on
I change the BATTERY SAVER RELAY again, that fixed the problem. The lights will go out after 45 minutes and not drain the battery down.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #65190 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic inside lights stay on
Nice, good info! Thanks for the update.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.268 seconds