Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Replacement MAF Sensor

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #65109 by Zer0
Replacement MAF Sensor was created by Zer0
I have a 2014 Mazda Axela (the Japan version of the Mazda 3) and i've been getting the P0171 code lately.
Did all the basic to rule out a air leak (did a smoke test) even had the PCV valve checked and replaced.

Online search showed that the most likely issue and fix is to have the MAF changed, issue is, I have a 1.5L engine version of the care (1490cc engine) and all the replacement MAF sensor I can find are for the Mazda 2.0L engine.
Does this matter?
Can I use a replacement MAF for a 2L engine on a 1.5L engine?
MAF Model # 
PE01 - E5T62271
Pic of current MAF Sensor Model attached
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Zer0.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #65113 by juergen.scholl
You may want to look up the MAF part numbers for the two different engines. If they are the same then there should be no problem.

There a re some steps which will help to diagnose ther root cause of the P0171: What does freeze frame data tell you? How are the fuel trims under different loads and rpm, typically you want to check them at idle, 1500rpm and 2500rpm.

Does the O2 sensor go rich under WOT?

Is the fuel pressure within spec?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by juergen.scholl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds