Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Hardest Code ever P0300

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #64998 by Kdubb2448
Good morning we have a 2000 GMC Sierra 1500.  It has a 4.8  The truck was running fine all of a sudden it shut off very rough idol scanner came up P. 0300 and also the mass airflow sensor. We bought a new airflow sensor, actually changed spark plugs, wires thinking that was the problem. Everyone you speak with has a different opinion bought new fuel filter. Still doing the same thing got a can of Cleaner sprayed for vacuum leaks nothing cylinders 1357 when I pulled the coil wire off none of them on that side made any difference in the engine idol.  We took this job on to help out a family in need it’s been almost a month can’t figure it out. The scanner says fuel trim numbers are super high.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65001 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hardest Code ever P0300
One entire bank of cylinders is not contributing, did you verify spark, fuel injection control and compression?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65007 by ontheriver
Replied by ontheriver on topic Hardest Code ever P0300
Probably worth a exhaust back pressure test, could very well be a failing/clogged cat. converter

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65011 by Kdubb2448
Replied by Kdubb2448 on topic Hardest Code ever P0300
I bought a spark tester and it shows spark on all of them. I took out the injectors yesterday cleaned them put in this morning same thing high negative numbers

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65016 by Lupe
Replied by Lupe on topic Hardest Code ever P0300
I would agree I would agree with Noah and check compression

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65018 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic Hardest Code ever P0300
definitely check compression and also graph o2 sensors. as a sticking lean o2 can flood the entire bank
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lupe

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #65022 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Hardest Code ever P0300

I took out the injectors yesterday cleaned them put in this morning same thing high negative numbers
This is not the same as  verifying injection control.
Looking again at your captures, most of those trim pids don't apply. There's no stft3 or ltft4. Those are probably just place holders with no real diagnostic value. 

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.241 seconds