Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 VW Toureg

More
2 months 3 hours ago #64903 by codybramwell
2004 VW Toureg was created by codybramwell
Hello all, I have an 04 Toureg V6 that isn't communicating with any of my scanners, from the DLC the gateway is the cluster. Everything is operating as should. Customer brought this vehicle to me for a check engine light and have been dealing with this since. I haven't had to diagnose a problem where my scanners wouldn't work so figured I'd give the forum a try and see if anyone can successfully troubleshoot this and the diagnostic processes for this issue for future vehicles. Thank you! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #64905 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2004 VW Toureg
I suppose the first thing I would do would be to verify power and ground on the DLC. If present, then I would likely try with a generic OBD2 tool.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 month 4 weeks ago #64911 by codybramwell
Replied by codybramwell on topic 2004 VW Toureg
It's the data that's missing. 6 and 14 should be producing some type of data to my scanner and neither have nothing. I've verified the obvious. I've drop tested the high and low CAN coming from cluster to DLC. Checked out perfect. Scoped data coming into the cluster and data looks normal. I've put a used cluster in it thinking there was an internal short, didn't change the outcome. Like i said I'm looking for the actual steps to determine the source of the data interruption. I've been told that some tunes or updates will lock out the ECM where you have to access via password or special scanner. But I'm not sure how to confirm if it's pass key locked or if it's something other than that

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds