Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Generator electrical fuel pump

More
2 months 1 week ago #64832 by CMat10
I’m working on a 5K generator. How do I go about bench testing a brand new electric fuel pump. If you look at the picture, you will see what I am working with and I tried bench testing it by using a fuel container for the supply end and just wiring the two wire connector from the pump to 24 volt battery positive and negative thinking it would activate the pump but nothing. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64874 by kazooie2244
that looks really nice.

anyways, I'm not a professional electronic engineer as a disclaimer.

however, I would definitely think it depends on the design of the electric fuel pump. if you got power coming in and goes through the load and back out and completes the circuit it should work on a basic design.

is it for a vehicle?

I would think it would need 4 wires minimum if that's the case. one for power, one for ground, one for signal, one for control.

More
2 months 3 days ago #64875 by kazooie2244
if it's also for the vehicle it would need like a mini micro processor etc.

More
2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #64876 by CMat10
Thank you for taking time out of your day for your reply. After further testing, I feel like a moron lol. It’s exactly how you stated. It is just power and ground. Which is how I originally thought it worked. My flaw in my testing was not feeling the pump and instead just relying visually to see if fuel would flow. The pump is so quiet that by putting my hand on it, I can feel the motor inside of it working. Another factor that I did not think of is that the pump MAY NEED TO (not 100% sure about this) to sit beneath the tank/fluid reservoir so gravity aids the pump in providing the flow as the pump may not be powerful enough to suck the fluid if the tank sits underneath it.

The pump is actually for 10k Army generator.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 months 3 days ago by CMat10. Reason: Wordage improvements

More
2 months 2 days ago #64886 by A.Bernier
From what i've read , Thats a Primer pump.
When powered, it would click at a fast rate. Then slower when the system is primed.
Some people have used 12volt primer pumps to fill carbureted cars that are parked for long periods.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds