Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Over Size Con-rod Bearings

More
1 year 1 month ago #60637 by Saverauto
2013 Ford Ranger
3.2L P5AT (5 cylinder)

Ive purchased a genuine Ford service/repair manual & the specification for the 'inner shell diameter' (bearings installed) is:

53.016 - 53.046 mm

In the attached photo I have measured the diameter at 53.06 mm.

According to the manual I am out of spec. The genuine con-rod bearings I have been provided are 0.25mm thicker than standard.

Therefore 53.06 - 0.25 = 52.81 mm (new inner shell diameter) which still puts me out of spec.

Also if I use standard bearings then I'm only out of spec. by 0.014 mm but if I use the oversize bearings then I am out of spec. by 0.236 mm.

For those who re-build engines, in your experience am I still able to get away with using the bearings you provided??

Also is it correct that oversize bearings have more material on the outer diameter?? Just wondering how this would affect 'inner bearing shell diameter'.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #60638 by Saverauto
Photo
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Saverauto.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds