Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 vw passat 2.0 tdi

More
1 year 7 months ago #58244 by autolatinopro
hey i have a problem. i just had my hpfp destroy my whole full system and i just finished replacing and flushing all of the fuel system (hpfp, in tank fuel pump and all four injectors rail pressure sensor and fuel rail solenoid reg) new injectors were calibrated to the ecu

i am now stuck with a fuel rail pressure to low code P0087 and i dont know what else can be happening. compression sound strong on my diesel engine, and i have replaced my whole fuel system what else could it be. on the scan tool fp is usually greater than 4500psi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58246 by juergen.scholl
Make sure the hi pressure pump is timed correctly. Otherwise the pressure can be significantly lower than required without valve timing issues/other codes.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58256 by autolatinopro
okay, i double checked for timing and when i line up all the marks to tdc the y pin that is behind the hpfp pully lines up perfectly to the hole where i need to put my special pin tool which hold the pully in place while i put the timing belt on.

what would i check for next?
thanks to everyone in advance:)

More
1 year 7 months ago #58257 by autolatinopro
also quick question i have a fuel pressure gauge hooked up before the hpfp and i get 62 psi max KOEO and when the fuel pump turns off the pressure drop to 0 psi in less than 5 seconds. is that suppost to happen?

More
1 year 7 months ago #58284 by Garrym367
Replied by Garrym367 on topic 2014 vw passat 2.0 tdi
you hpfp reading should be higher than 62psi it should be into the thousands most fuel gauges would get blown off a hpfp. did you replace the injectors or get them sent away for repair. it could be partial blockage if the system wasnt free of shavings. it could also be one or more injectors returning to much fuel carry out a leak off test.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58294 by autolatinopro
the fuel pressure was measured before the hpfp, injectors are new and registered to the ecm. it only kicks into limp mode till i floor it which gives me a p0087 code, but if i am crusing slow im okay

watching data shows that when i floor it the rail pressure is almost 100000hpa behind the specific hpa required pressure, whcih is why it throughs p0087 and goes into limp mode

More
1 year 7 months ago #58295 by juergen.scholl
What happens to the low side pressure when the high side pressure does not achieve the required value?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58296 by autolatinopro
the low side pressure stay between 60-62psi at all times.

More
1 week 5 days ago #65437 by passdatvw
Replied by passdatvw on topic 2014 vw passat 2.0 tdi
I know its over a year old post, but did you ever find problem?

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds