Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1997 Chevrolet K1500 5.7 random stall

More
1 year 7 months ago #58234 by spencermartin89
I have a 1997 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 5.7 MPI. It is randomly stalling. No rhyme or reason. Fuel pressure is not dropping out at all. I’m losing spark. It is random and inconsistent when it stalls. Before it was brought to me the owner replaced the PCM, plugs, wires, distributor, cap and rotor, fuel pump, starter, fuel filter, and ignition coil. They couldn’t get it to run at all. I replaced the spider injection and got it running but it’s losing spark now. I have not been able to pinpoint whether I’m losing control from the ICM to the coil, or if my crank sensor is dropping out. Has anyone seen anything similar? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #58238 by juergen.scholl
The diagram shows where exactly to check for the necessary signals. A scope will be your friend.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds