A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Aftermarket Scantool Users and Upcoming Security Requirements

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64887 by rockp2
Just saw this on another forum.  In order to perform some aftermarket scantool operations on vehicles you/your tool will be required to have an account with NASTF.  From what I am reading even for resetting any immobilizer functions.  But to have an account, you have to pay for that, your business must be registered and you have to have insurance and bond.

wp.nastf.org/?page_id=367

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64890 by A.Bernier
I do have a NASTF account. I don't pay anything. But I also don't do anything with keys.
I do pay for AutoAuth. to have bi directional functions for some manufactures.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #64891 by A.Bernier
I found this E mail today.
NASTF’s aftermarket scan tool validation program is coming soon. As soon as 45-60 days, you will need a NASTF VSP ID to use a scan tool to perform security functions including:

● Add a key
● All keys lost
● Immobilizer functions
● Any other process that the OE determines to be security related

You will be responsible for verifying the identity of the vehicle owner, but you are not required
to fill out a D1. The tool and NASTF will take care of this process behind the scenes.
Toolmakers have the capability to offer both online and offline functionality. Follow the link below for more information.

If you do not have your VSP ID, we recommend applying as soon as possible to avoid
any potential interruption of your business.

(VSP applicants must provide documentation proving proper registration of their business, driver’s license, locksmith license in some states and locales and agree to a background check. A check list is available here.)

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #64894 by rockp2
Here are the part of the requirements that deal with paying to be part of the program.

"Maintain required
Commercial Liability insurance of $1,000,000
$100,000 fidelity or employee dishonesty bond or $100,000 vicarious liability insurance rider (required only if account holder is an employee of the company).
Applications that have not been completed and paid, will be deleted after 30 days from the time that the application was started or last updated.
Fees:
Item Amount Term
Application Fee $100.00 Two Year Renewal
Primary Account $325.00 Two Year License
Subordinate Accounts (U.S. Only) $125.00 per account Two Year License"
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by rockp2.

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds