A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Re:Tools that changed your life!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 9 months ago #41514 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Tools that changed your life!

Tyler wrote:

I really like the idea of having a known good power and ground in my hand while testing but I could get a long set of jumper leads directly to the battery.

It might sound weird? But I actually use the extension lead from my PP3 set more than the probe itself. :lol: ecwurban noticed that the jacks on the cable itself are actually banana jacks! So you can connect the cable to the battery and tote solid power/ground with you anywhere, and connect it to your DMM/scope/test light/whatever as desired.

www.scannerdanner.com/forum/diagnostic-t...some-main-cable.html

Same.
I use the PP extension cord with my banana jack test light more than I use PP

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43598 by wiseleo
There's life before acquiring a cordless ratchet, and after. :)

Available at any Home Depot, the Husky Cordless ratchet is 11" long and 1 1/4" tall at its 3/8" anvil. Combine that with 3/8" metric low profile sockets, and you have access to just about everything. Someone stole my impact years ago and I have yet to replace it. Breaker bar + this ratchet is all I need. I don't use 1/4" sockets except for weird sizes like 6mm.

More
3 years 6 months ago #43647 by Tutti57
Noah, I'm with you in the ppiv. If you don't have the lead kit for it, that will change things even more. I was testing a crank sensor the other day using it and realized the leads have a y connector, so in addition to all of the goodies you mentioned, while I was already back proved with the pp, I was able to through my uscope my on there for a quick look at it too.

I'm looking at the PP maestro now only because it has that trace mode with 300ms refresh rate, which might be fast enough for most things I'd need not for. Only other features added that interested me besides user interface are a duty cycle display. I think the trace could come in handy though.

Nissan Technician

More
3 years 6 months ago #43648 by Tutti57
This is the adapter kit. It basically makes it so you can use all of your regular meter test leads with the tool, like backprobers. I just leave the long lead on the tool with a backprobe part and go. Another game changer for me that also works with this setup is Phil's tool. I saw paul using it on an evap setup once and bought it. You know I'm a Nissan tech and if you saw Paul's recent no comm video, you know that accessing the PCM struggle for backprobing is real. A real joke that is. You basically have to disconnect it, remove the plastic cover, backprobe, then reconnect. So dumb. I use Phil's tool and poke that crap now then liquid tape up.

Nissan Technician

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
3 years 6 months ago #43650 by Noah
That's The set, those adapters have way more miles on them then my Power Probe, lol.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds