A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Which used Snap On tool to purchase

More
3 months 5 days ago #64548 by OttoAtWerke
I plan on getting into the SD training program, as I have been "old school and am starting into newer models.
I come from building and servicing older domestic and BMW models. I am starting to get into later models, mostly BMW & Mini and I am in need of a full function scanner, as well as training on how to use them and to properly diagnose the later model vehicles with more electronics than hardware ( ).

I run my own one-person shop and cannot currently justify a new scanner for the 1-in-5 later-model jobs that require a scanner that does more than just read the OBD-II and proprietary codes and track live with laggy/choppy data. Would you be able to recommend a used snap on scanner (I'm thinking, with a scope) that would be a good fit for the 2000s and 20-teeens BMW and Minis. My threshold is around $1000. I'm confused on all of the different snap-on models and generations.

Thank you,
Gordon Arnold
Otto At Werke

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 5 days ago #64551 by juergen.scholl
Snap on is not the first scanner to think of when you talk BMW/Mini, imo. No matter which model.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.254 seconds