A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Diesel diagnostics

More
7 months 4 days ago - 7 months 4 days ago #63201 by Maubsun
Diesel diagnostics was created by Maubsun
Hi all, 
I just started with premium. I am currently a heavy duty diesel and was wondering how much of the processes Scannerdanner teaches can crossover in the diesel world? 
thanks!

Last edit: 7 months 4 days ago by Maubsun. Reason: Missed the "notify me of response "

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 2 days ago #63202 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Diesel diagnostics
I can't give a positive number, like x% is applicable...

Nevertheless I think the most of it will work on diesel as well as on gasoline. While some things like the whole ignition stuff will not be found in the diesel world the basic electrical foundation and diagnostic procedures knowledge is exactly the same and transfers 1on1.

On diesel as well as on gasoline you must "know the opponent" which means you will have to read upon system operation if unknown to you, study wiring diagrams, component descriptions etc. On both, diesel and gasoline this will allow to figure out a diagnostic plan and apply the neccessary test steps in a logical manner. This is exactly what Paul's teaching is about, imo.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #63629 by Jawsjaws2000
Replied by Jawsjaws2000 on topic Diesel diagnostics
I would say, if you're working on maybe, 2011 and up trucks, can bus diagnostic, and electrical foundation is the same. I'm a tech at FedEx. We work on everything. The only thing, which you probably run into as well, would be the dsf-system diag. But still could use what you learn for Def doser diag. (Pwm) ,voltages drops( love those frieghtshaker wiring) shorts to ground testing..etc.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds