A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel AL519 Software confusion

More
8 months 1 week ago #62855 by Autelorator
Hi all, I am new here. I don't do many DIY repairs but I bought an Autel 519 scanner simply to help a friend scope out used cars before buying them. I've tested the unit on a 2004 Ford Ranger 4.0 which I know to be in good overall condition. No codes, also checked out a brick 04 Subaru outback which I do know has ECM and auto transmission issues –– The unit still isn't giving me any codes. It is linking with the OBD, it reads the live data just fine. My question is, how likely is it that the OBD's on both cars aren't throwing anything VS. the Autel unit is just not able to provide me with DTCs because of some software issue? 

I'm in a bit over my head here like I said, but I would appreciate any insight. Maybe it is a different problem altogether. Thanks! 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
8 months 1 week ago #62863 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Autel AL519 Software confusion
If there is no engine light Set on either car, I doubt it's a scanner issue. Set a code on your personal car and see if you can read it.
Unplug a sensor or injector or something, and when the check engine light comes on, check the codes.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds