Aftermarket cats for ford

More
1 year 5 months ago #59110 by jrgreene1968
Wandering about aftermarket cats. Ive got a 13 F350 with 6.2, thst needs new cats. Its a complete assembly wth both downpipes and both cats. Problem is, its on backorder through ford.
Ive found magnaflow has it, and a couple other brands. Ive read horrir stories about people still getting codes with aftermarket. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 5 months ago #59150 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Aftermarket cats for ford
I've never had to cat one of those, some makes seem less happy about aftermarket cats than others.
Magna flow is probably better than the no name glorified coffee cans we install at the shop where I work.
No matter how you chose to proceed, make sure you address WHY it needs cats, or it's going to need them again...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 5 months ago #59152 by jrgreene1968
Yeah ive read some vehicles are picky on cats.
I believe there bad from excessive idling. Im a field mechanic on natural gas compressors, and my trucks idle ALOT, sometimes all day. This particular truck has 265k on it. Still a nice truck and runs perfect. I had thought about just buying a new truck, but with prices , I think im going to try and run it snother year or 2.
One more question.. we dont have smog testing here, so the fact im getting the p0420, p0430 codes, ive read where some people have had luck just putting non foulers on the downstream cats, which will keep the light off. Any truth in that?

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 5 months ago #59153 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Aftermarket cats for ford
Yes, that works.
If you're in a non-emissions state I wouldn't even consider putting cats in it. That's just me...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds